I wanted to share a few workout videos I made this past weekend. I was 35.5 weeks pregnant….almost 36 now! Getting so close!
My workouts have been going okay. Third trimester is definitely a bit tiring, but not too bad. Mostly, I’m just getting anxious to meet my sweet little boy. I’m still getting in about 5 workouts a week (probably more like 3 decent ones and 2 where I just want to move/sweat/stretch). I’m also taking walks most days in addition. I am finding that I feel a lot better when I am up and around, but need to make sure that I take breaks. I overdid it a bit on Sunday…made these videos, took a long walk with a friend, went grocery shopping and to Babies R Us. Paid for it a bit on Monday with some pelvic pain/pressure which the doctor said is definitely normal.
Below are a few exercises that I’m still loving!
Video 1: Double Kettlebell Complexes
- Double kettlebell snatches with two 18LB kettlebells
- Double kettlebell clean, squat and press with two 18LB kettlebells
Please note: these exercises are not appropriate for everyone during pregnancy. I was very fit before I got pregnant and have been blessed to be able to work out during my entire pregnancy. These exercises aren’t something you should just up and try if you haven’t done them before…preggo or not. View these same kettlebell exercise combinations in these videos (pre-pregnancy) from August 2010. I can’t believe how different I look!
Video 2: Renegade Rows
- Rows with two 15LB dumbbells
This is a great exercise! It helps with core stability as well as strengthening almost all of the muscles in your upper body. You’ll even utilize your legs since you use them to stabilize your body.
- Use hex shaped dumbells (or you can use kettlebells, but dumbbells are safer/easier…not the round ones though for obvious reasons)
- Squeeze your butt and don’t twist your hips (twisting makes this exercise ineffective and too easy)
- Start with feet further apart and then as you get stronger, move them closer together
- You can also add in a pushup between each row to make this more challenging…no pushups on the ground for me due to the size of my belly right now
PS – Don’t mind the loud music in the background….next time I need to remember to turn it down!