I had a crazy busy/productive day yesterday and I just kept thinking how people would probably think I was nuts if they watched me at my house all day. My son was at daycare and I was working, but on breaks from working I buzzed around. I unloaded the dishwasher, did two loads of laundry, made myself lunch and roasted some veggies for dinner. Sounds time consuming, right?
When I have CJ with me it’s kind of like having a ticking time bomb (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) as my sidekick. I know that he’ll only be happy playing on his own for a certain amount of time or will only sleep so late or can only handle sitting in his stroller while I run errands for so long. You get the point.
Basically, I’m used to having my little man with me and when he’s happy doing his own thing it’s like something goes off inside of me and I have to get things done as quickly as possible.
Things I do much faster now than before I was a mom include:
- Folding laundry
- Emptying the dishwasher
- Grocery shopping (although the trip itself probably takes longer with the loading and unloading of CJ and constant stopping to pick up toys, bottles, etc. as he drops them)
- Clothes shopping (if I even go at all)
- Running errands (remember my money-saving tip for Target trips?)
- Making dinner
- Eating meals (need to work on this and slow down)
- Working out (efficiency has become key)
Man, now that I think about it, it’s no wonder I have been crashing so hard at night. I’m doing everything at sprint speed all day long. And yes, CJ crashes too (thankfully)!
Moms, has becoming a mom made you move faster as you bust through daily to-do lists?