These Friday Five posts have been a little all over the place, talking about random things I love, emotions, catching up after vacation, food/supplements,…and more, but today I’m a bit more on topic and we’re talking training (mostly).
1. Hello October! For anyone who’s a member at our gym, SOS, you know that we switch to new workouts at the beginning of every month. This month’s workouts rock if I do say so myself! Don’t forget to check out SOS’s Facebook page to see some awesome pics of the day like the one below.
2. This week was the first time our entire staff worked out together. It’s just three of us and really it was the guys working out and then I joined them, but did my own workout. Either way, it was fun and good team building.
3. The last few weeks my workouts have been a bit off. My left quad has been hurting and I have been feeling tired. Time for a few days off from strength training to practice some things I learned at Becoming Bulletproof last weekend. I may throw in a few turkish get ups or swings this weekend, but really need to rest my body. (I will take my own advice and rest up because this is what my body wants and needs, right? Right.)
4. I get to see my RKC buddy today! Last time we got together we worked our butts off at the RKC. This time will be a bit more relaxed and will include more drinks/shopping and less kettlebells.
5. Aside from workouts and work, I also cooked a few delicious dinners, booked a trip to Baltimore/Annapolis for a wedding (and some much-needed husband/wife time!), and took CJ to get a haircut and to the doctors this week. It was quite a productive week overall. Look at what a big boy he is now!
Are you good at listening to your body when it needs rest? (I suck at it, but really trying right now.)