Can you guys believe Thanksgiving is next week? Anyone else cooking? We are, but it’s a small crew this year so it should be pretty low-key.
As for the day after Thanksgiving? You won’t find me shopping with the crowds. Instead, we’ll be running the Turkey Burner Workout at Skill of Strength on Friday! Last year Mike and I did our own turkey burner workout in the basement, (holy cow – look how small my guy was last year!!) but this year we can’t wait to give our clients a great workout after the most popular eat-too-much day of the ear. For my SOS peeps or if you’re in the area, the workout is at 10am and will be 90 minutes long!
I’m planning to post next week about some tips for avoiding the holiday buldge and staying fit (or even getting fit) during this time of year, but today feels like a good day for Five Things I’m Thankful For!
1. Our team at SOS. We did a team conditioning workout on Wednesday and it kicked all of our butts. Basically we did sprint intervals for 21 minutes and 37 seconds. It was hard, but went by fast and was so much fun.
2. The fact that I love home. I was home more this week and it was really awesome. I love spending time with my son and I honestly just love being home. I remember times
in my life where I was in uncomfortable living situations and it wasn’t that great being home. Now, it is my favorite place to be and I don’t want to take that for granted.
3. A renewed motivation for all things related to growing SOS and making it an even better place for our clients. My head is still spinning with excitement from the amazing conference I went to last weekend!
4. The fact that I finally do what I love and love what I do. I am almost happy that I did a job I wasn’t passionate about for awhile (okay, a long while!) because now when I work on our own business I am so appreciative that I am able to help people become healthier and more fit as my job.
5. A smart husband who helps me design my training programs. We worked together to design my strength training program for this month based on some of my goals. This month my goal is to be to do 10 strict pull-ups (although I secretly want to get 11 or 12). He has me doing Pavel’s Fighter Pullup program which is great, but I definitely should have started at day 1 and not day 7. #overachiever
What’s one thing you’re thankful for this week?